Sunday, March 2, 2014

The Longest Mile

I walked to downtown Hattingen this morning. Wish I was in better shape to move around because this is a great walking town. There are some cafes and pubs I would have liked to sample and some amazing architecture to check out. Unfortunately, all I could muster was about one mile before my back started shutting down. Wish I could report progress, but it feels like things are moving in the wrong direction. On a positive note, it's a beautiful day here, and Carnaval is in full swing. I didn't even know Carnaval was celebrated in Germany.

I'm not used to seeing empty streets on any given morning, but Sundays are for rest in Hattingen.


1 comment:

  1. Drewrad: Reminds me of that scene in that Mel Brooks classic... 'bring out the dead'.

    Do they still throw feces out of those windows?

    ReplyDelete