Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Lost faith

I finally made it home yesterday afternoon after a not-so-pleasant flight. The airline somehow 'lost' my reservation for an aisle seat, which I explained I needed because I would be forced to get up and walk several times an hour because I had back surgery. The agent apologized at the gate and said, "Enjoy your flight." Her smile grated across my skin like a belt sander.

Unfortunately, not one person on the plane would switch seats with me after a flight attendant made a plea for anyone with an aisle seat to change with a passenger (me) with a medical condition who needed to stand frequently. So I had to settle with a center seat and make due with painfully climbing over the asshole on the aisle who refused to switch with me because he said, "The aisle is more comfortable." No shit!

Halfway through the flight he started getting annoyed, which I responded to by telling him, "Deal with it." I quickly stopped asking him politely to get up so I could get out of my seat and simply told him to move. If not for the nice German lady sitting next to me who entertained me for the 12 painful hours in the air, I probably would have elbowed him in the larynx somewhere over the Atlantic. Let's just say my faith in the generosity of human kind was pushed to it's limits at 5000 feet, and I walked off that plane with a little less of it.

But I'm home, still tired, raw as hell and looking forward to a nice, hot almond milk latte. Today I meet with my chiropractor and begin my slow crawl back to normalcy.

Let the healing begin!

2 comments:

  1. Drewrad: People can be such a bowl full of fucknuts sometimes, but you have to deal with 'em.

    BTW, your disc placement by Beirstadt looks like a LeBron James monster dunk. Booyah! Or, if you're more of a point guard by disposition... all net!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, Dr. B tapped that sucker in dead center. You gotta love German precision!

      Delete