Saturday, March 1, 2014

Struttin'

Went for my first walk outside since surgery. If I were taking it any slower I would've been walking backwards. The familiar numbness and tingling in my left leg and foot returned after about 15 minutes. A little disconcerting, but I'm not ready to get worried just yet.

It's a beautiful, crisp day in Hattingen. The hospital is situated in a quiet neighborhood, just outside downtown, which is a picturesque centuries-old village. I'm hoping to have the stamina to make it there tomorrow, but that might be a little optimistic based on my performance today.

I did come across a quaint cemetery near the hospital. Not a bad final resting place.



The frustrating part is I think most of my pain is coming from my SI joint at the moment. My sacrum is woefully out of balance. Which makes it difficult to determine how my lumbar area is feeling. My chiropractor will have his hands full when I get home.

2 comments:

  1. That's a decent walk uphill to get there to take the picture!
    Stone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! That's what I thought half way up it. And I'm from San Francisco!

      Delete