Sunday, March 16, 2014

10k per day


I downloaded a pedometer app to track my steps so I can monitor my progress. I managed a bit over 10,000 steps today, not counting puttering around the house. Based on some statistic I read, 2000 steps comes out to around a mile, assuming the average person's stride is 2.5 feet. So I racked up around 5 miles today. My goal is to maintain a minimum of 10k steps a day for the next week, depending on how I'm feeling. And each week I'll increase that number by 2k steps until I'm up to 20k.

My distaste for Los Angeles isn't exactly a secret. But I guess there could be worse places to recuperate from major surgery than Santa Monica. Next weekend I'll tackle the world famous 'Santa Monica Stairs' and rub shoulders with all the celebrities getting in shape.



No, this isn't me...yet.




2 comments:

  1. Careful Ian, I hear those stairs are a lot like Philly when Balboa got to the top. Suddenly a mob of kids out of nowhere just kind of appear running at your heels.

    Make sure you drop a couple raw eggs in the ol cakehole first.

    Who knows, pretty soon you'll be able to catch the chicken.

    drewrad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I should have a side of beef waiting for me at the top, too, so I can beat some meat. Wait, that didn't sound right...

      "Catch the Chicken!" That's my new rallying cry.

      Delete