Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Slurred lines

Well, I've crossed the threshold from merely half walking dead to flat out zombified. I've lost all track of time and can barely put two words together.  Good thing I've got an easy to follow schedule. Sleep, why do you taunt me so!

I found out today that people in Germany who get disc replacement recover at home for three weeks before beginning physical therapy so their backs have time to calm down. Which is why the doctor said I shouldn't be worried that I'm still mired in pain after starting PT one week after surgery. Five days until I'm scheduled to fly back to California. 13 hours sitting in a chair...in a confined space...sandwiched inside a tin can with 175 other happy travelers. Now that truly is hell in a steel hand basket.

It's gonna be tough to leave this place. Massage, PT, more massage, lunch, chat with the doc. If this is how professional athletes spend their days recovering from injury sign me up!




No comments:

Post a Comment