Thursday, April 10, 2014

Leave 'em wanting

Little by little I can feel my strength return. A few weeks ago two laps of the Santa Monica stairs was about as much as I wanted to push. Today I knocked out a brisk five laps and felt I had enough left in the tank for a few more passes. Now the old Ian would have pushed until something popped. The new and improved Ian likes to leave something in the tank and get while the gettin' is good.


Around week three I was walking a combined five miles in a day. I'm feeling well enough now to hit that number before breakfast. Being stationary is still the toughest part of my recovery. That just means no standing in line for 2 hours at LA's newest trendy bakery where Brad Pitt last grabbed a latte so I can sample some over priced, air-cooked donut disaster. But I can live with that. Move or die! I choose move.



No comments:

Post a Comment