Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Week 11 post op - I'd like to hear some funky Dixieland

Pretty mama, come and take me by the hand, by the hand

OK, I know I put LA on blast...a lot. But when the weather is warm and the sun is slowly descending over the Pacific and you're sipping a beer on the Venice boardwalk while a band of musicians play the Doobie Brothers, things don't suck.



My supremely talented cousin, Fanny
I can't complain too much when I can sit in relative comfort and enjoy a beer with my cuz at the beach. Things are steadily improving. The numbness in my left leg and foot have faded into a slow trickle. I'm still taking it very easy, and will continue to follow doctors orders for another couple weeks. Luckily the broken left pinky toe keeps me honest, so even if I wanted to attack the Santa Monica stairs I could only stand at the base and watch other people have all the fun.

I'm doing a daily series of very simple postural exercises to help improve my pitiful stance and walking around 3-5 miles a day. I'm getting back on track in terms of my strut and figure I can reboot my rehab exercises in a couple weeks. For my loyal followers, I apologize for limiting my posts to once a week, but I'm not feeling the need to share much these days since my day to day has become rather uninteresting. Once I ramp up with the training I'll bore you to tears with every little victory.

I'm still experiencing a constant and nagging burning along my sacrum and the tightness in my back is more of an annoyance than anything else. I haven't felt any sharp or electrical pains in a while, but the sensation that there is a foreign object in my spine remains. Again, it's hard to describe, but I can feel the disc. I have a hunch this sensation is going to take a while to dissipate on it's own before it takes a few beers to eliminate completely.

So, to sum up. Progress. Patience. Pilsner.

Holla!

No comments:

Post a Comment