Sunday, February 23, 2014

The Eagle Has Landed!

I'm here! Currently relaxing at the Aventgarde Hotel in Hattingen, Germany. The trip was fairly uneventful, but long! Since when do airlines use tuna cans for transatlantic flights? My knees were hitting the seat in front of me! Anyone over 6 feet will not enjoy sitting in coach for 10 hours on Swiss Air. One of the highlights was looking at the passengers in business class sip champagne before we even departed. Then the flight attendants handed each of them a nice hot towel (using tongs) so they could clean their tender hands. It was a rather hilarious juxtaposition.

So far German patient care draws high marks. I had a driver waiting for me at the airport to take me to my hotel. He was a friendly and interesting guy who kept me entertained for the entire drive. The hotel staff had my itinerary all laid out and informed me of my schedule for tomorrow, and the Program Director from the hospital called me in my room to ask about my trip and go over some details regarding my pre op appointments. I feel well taken care of.

I'm also feeling rather loopy, but I attribute that to little to no sleep for the past few nights. Things are somewhat surreal at the moment, but I'm hoping my head will be much clearer in the light of day.

Now...I sleep.


1 comment: