Monday, February 24, 2014

Good night, Germany!

One last night before I turn into the bionic man. Surgery is scheduled for early tomorrow morning. I'm currently resting comfortably in bed at the hospital in Hattingen. I've met with all of my very attentive doctors and the nursing staff has been awesome. Malte Petersen, program coordinator, truly cares about every patient and makes sure everyone under his watch are comfortable. I was scared and apprehensive about traveling halfway around the world for surgery, but all of my concerns have been wiped away. And thanks to the fact that many Europeans learn to speak numerous languages, there have been no communication barriers. I shoulda taken German in high school!

I've got a surgery buddy who is booked right after me and staying in the next room. He's a former defensive end for the Dallas Cowboys (he played briefly in the mid 90's) and went into body building after his football career ended. He's one big dude! Literally twice my size. So I'll have a training partner once we hit the rehab center next week.

This has been one strange journey and it's taken a long while to arrive at this point. To getting my life back! Hooahh!

2 comments:

  1. Thinking about you, wishing you well as you go into surgery. Maybe the Cowboy linebacker can meet you on a trail. He could carry the bikes up for both of you. Whole gang says hello.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thinking of you. sending you good vibes.

    ReplyDelete