Thursday, February 13, 2014

Leaving on a Jet Plane

The last 't' has been crossed and 'i' dotted. Surgery is paid for (no new fancy bikes in my future), airfare is booked, all the necessary insurance covered, and pre-testing done. Now comes the hardest part...WAITING!

A week from this Saturday I'll be flying across the pond so a doctor in Germany I've spoken with once can insert a bionic part in my spine. Am I a little nervous? I don't know...does a bear like honey? Yeah, you could say I'm a little jumpy. This has been a long time coming, and a decision I've not made lightly. But it's my last resort, and one I'm jumping into with all the positive energy I can muster.


I can't wait to savor a celebratory German lager after the dust settles!







5 comments:

  1. Thinking about you duder! That German beer is excellent I hear. I know the procedure will go well and you'll be head butting Pit Bulls in no time.
    Ernie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell Homie when I'm strong again I'm coming for him!

      Delete
  2. Tracking you on this Ian. This is drewrad from adrsupport. I just got my first response from Malte today in an email.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey drewrad! They are still refining their patient registration process, but they're definitely putting together a good program for patients. I spoke with Dr. Bierstedt for about 45 minutes before making my decision. He not only listened to what I had to say, but he took the time to read my history and films and had an answer for all of my concerns. I leave on a couple days and will update my blog regularly. Good luck in your search!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete