Saturday, July 5, 2014

What goes down must come up

I had intended to go out for a light walk and ended up doing some serious climbing. For the first time in a long while I can honestly say my legs are cooked. One trail in particular was about 900 feet of elevation in less than a mile. I've done more on the single speed, but since it's been the better part of a year since I've really exerted myself, that took some effort. As always, the climb up was much easier on the back, but the river at the bottom was worth the descent.
A River Runs Through It

The good news is that my sacrum and hips feel pretty decent while hiking. It's my low and mid back that get cranky. But once I sit or lay down for a moment it seems to settle down for a while. It feels more muscle related than mechanical at this point, which is what concerned me a couple months ago. Muscle tension I can deal with. 

Here Kitty Kitty

I caught a fairly spectacular fireworks show in Scotts Valley with some friends last night. Living in the Bay Area you aren't accustomed to actually seeing fireworks as it's quite common for fog to role in this time of year in the evenings. In the 6 years I lived in San Francisco I never actually 'saw' a fireworks show. More like a cloudy glow. Unfortunately my camera was dead, so no photos of the pyrotechnics. But trust me, it was awesome! But here are some flags for ya!

'Murica! Home of the big gulp and land of the monster truck.
So things are moving in the right direction. Setbacks are fewer and less frequent, and gains seem to be multiplying. Knock on wood. 

I hope everyone had a great fireworks day!







No comments:

Post a Comment