Monday, February 16, 2015

I rode a bike today...

And I liked it.

OK, before I say anything, yes, it probably wasn't a good idea to jump on the bike and start attacking hills so soon. And yes, I will pay dearly over the next few days. And yes, I knew it would hurt and have no one to blame but myself. But like a very wise man once said, "Sometimes you gotta run before you can walk."

It wasn't very long, maybe 8-9 miles, but it wasn't flat either. There were far more hills than I should have attempted right out of the gate. Steep, punchy hills that required me to stand up and mash. Surprisingly, my legs and lungs felt ok. But my back protested fiercely.

The real pain seems to settle in after I exercise, but once my body warms up the pain is bearable during the activity.  So based on recent patterns I expect some serious fire over the next couple days.

But was it worth it? $%#@&% yeah it was! The depths of depression I've been slogging through have been suffocating at times. So for a brief moment today my brain felt nothing but joy. And that should carry my for a while.

Bikes bikes bikes bikes bikes!

Peace out my friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment