Wednesday, December 31, 2014

364 days

On January 1, 2014 I was laying in bed researching surgeons in Europe. I struggled to complete a few laps around the block and couldn't sleep through the night.

On December 31, 2014 I woke up after a good night sleep in my loft in the woods, Peanut the cat wrapped around my head, a bit achey and stiff, but much more mobile, and headed out for an 8 mile hike in my back yard. My back is a little wrecked right now, but my head is clear and my heart is full. And a few drinks tonight should help loosen things up.


I'm haven't met most of my (lofty) goals since surgery, but I'm closer now than I was 364 days ago. Hopefully by December 31, 2015 I'll be writing about my cycling adventures from the Sierras to Whistler.

Happy New Year, yall!



No comments:

Post a Comment